Location: St Leonard’s Catholic School, North End, Durham, DH1 5NG
Grade: Grade G, SCP 19 – 23 (£27,852 – £30,151 per annum, pro rata)
Hours: Permanent, 37hrs per week, term time only plus 10 days (includes 5 inset days)
Required as soon as possible.
We are proud to be part of the Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust, a family of secondary, middle, primary and first schools in Durham, Gateshead, Northumberland and Sunderland. Bishop Wilkinson is the largest catholic education trust in the North East of England and will have a total of 48 schools. This is an exciting time to join our supportive, and growing team.
Applications are invited from practising and committed Catholics for the post of School Chaplain at St Leonard’s Catholic School.
We are wishing to recruit a School Chaplain who can ensure through their own experiences and beliefs, that the school is distinctively Catholic in all its aspects.
We are seeking an individual to:
- Support and further develop the spiritual, religious and liturgical life of the school.
- Ensure the school environment and displays reflect the school’s Catholic Christian identity.
- Encourage staff and pupils to live the faith by being involved in projects relating to social justice and global citizenship
- Celebrate and share the faith life of the school with the wider community
The successful candidate will:
- Be a practising Catholic
- Have a secure understanding of the distinctive nature of the Catholic school and Catholic education
- Be able to communicate effectively to a range of audiences and in a range of media
To apply for this vacancy please download the application pack below and return your completed application to email@example.com prior to the closing date.
Closing date: Monday 9th January 2023
Interview date: Thursday 19th January 2023
The Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and is subject to an enhanced DBS check.