Location: St Mary’s Catholic First School, Hencotes, Hexham, Northumberland, NE46 2EE
Grade: Leadership L8 – L14 (£52,659 – £61,042 per annum)
Hours: Permanent, Full time
Required from 1st September 2023.
Applications are invited from practising and committed Catholics for the post of Headteacher at St Mary’s Catholic First School, Hexham, to lead the school in the next exciting phase of its development. We are looking for an individual who has superb interpersonal skills, the ability to lead a cohesive team and to build upon the existing success of the school.
At St Mary’s, we are focused on living out our mission statement, ‘Each One of Us is God’s Masterpiece! (Ephesian’s 2:10)’.
Since December 2020, we have been part of the Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust, a family of 5 secondary schools, 1 middle school, 1 first school and 41 primary schools from across Gateshead, Sunderland, Durham and Northumberland, in the west of the Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle. The Headteacher in post at St Mary’s Catholic First School, Hexham will be an important part of the Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust Primary Headteachers Group and will benefit from the support of the Trust and Chief Executive Officer. This is an exciting time to join our supportive, and growing team.
The successful candidate will have high expectations for all our pupils, driving forward academic excellence, and expertise to ensure that St Mary’s Catholic First School continues to thrive. Above all, we wish to appoint as Headteacher, a leader who:
- Is a committed, practising Catholic with a clear vision and strong commitment to Catholic education;
- Brings strong, forward thinking leadership, and has a clear strategic vision and drive to build upon the existing success of our school;
- Will have high expectations of all our pupils, driving forward academic excellence and nurturing the special gifts which make each child unique;
- Will develop strong relationships with St Mary’s Parish and the wider school community;
- Is an exemplary primary practitioner with a proven track record in raising standards in teaching and learning;
- Has the necessary drive to pursue and achieve the highest expectation for pupils’ attainment, progress and personal development;
- Has the ability to lead, inspire, empower and motivate all members of the school community to find Christ in each other;
- Has the ability to set high expectations and targets for staff to improve outcomes for pupils;
- Will encourage and provide our children, a rich and inspiring curriculum; and
- Will seek to promote, to the utmost, the development of every child’s personal wholeness, integrity, gifts and creativity in a welcoming and loving school community.
Our school is warm and welcoming to all who join us. We can offer:
- A caring, friendly and happy school with well-behaved, confident and high-achieving pupils who are proud of their school and feel safe within their school environment;
- Dedicated and caring staff, who are enthusiastic and deliver a vibrant curriculum;
- A commitment to CPD for all staff;
- Strong and active partnerships with the Parish Priest, the Parish, parents/carers, the local community, the Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle and the Trust; and
- A supportive, ambitious and active Local Governing Committee, which is committed to continuous improvement and excellence.
How to Apply:
To complete an application form please download the application pack below and return your completed application pack to email@example.com prior to the closing date.
Closing date: Sunday 4th June 2023 (midnight)
Interview date: Tuesday 13th June 2023
The Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and is subject to an enhanced DBS check.